The MOBO Awards were launched in 1996 by Kanya King MBE, and were the first music Awards event in Europe to focus on urban music. MOBO have been going for 16 years and have played an important role in bringing black music and culture to the mainstream in the UK.
- The app added over 20,000 “Likes” to the MOBO brand page.
- Around 40,000 votes were made for the artists nominated for the award.
- To make the voting fair, only users with a registered Facebook account were allowed to vote.
- The voting data was released in the form of an API to help power a MOBO widget
- To maintain interest in the voting, fans had the opportunity to vote once a day in order to support their favourite artist.
- A dynamic graph provided a real-time visual indicator to fans so that they could see how their favourite artist was performing in the running.
- The application was constructed using a combination of Facebook Social plugins and the Facebook API.
- Full adoption of MOBO brand guidelines