Serving you for centuries, the Post Office is committed to making your life easier so that you can concentrate on what really matters.
Drawing on our experience of previous Facebook application development that required a Facebook app and a microsite to be driven from the same common back-end, Drupal was the natural choice of platform for the project as we would be able to re-use the same technology that enables this functionality.
Built using a single install of Drupal 7, we were able to get a micro-site, Facebook app, and Facebook fan pageall managed from with the same CMS. That gave the client the ability to have full control (without developer intervention) of:
- Setting the competition for each day
- Setting page elements inc. page background, t&c’s, Facebook message etc.
- Setting the competition countdown
- Control over the “like wall” graphical elements within the Facebook fan page
- Ability to end the competition
- Ability to take the competition offline, re-brand it by uploading new images and copy, and then re-launch the competition
- Full reporting – this enabled administrators to see who has interacted with that application, the tweets and Facebook shares made by users of the application, including who made them and when they were made