Set up by two entrepreneurs David Hughes and Eric Martin, Sheraton started making made to measure blinds for the trade market in London and the South East. The business has developed to supply the mid to premium trade and retail market in the UK. In recent years Sheraton has developed a specialism providing products and services to retail multiples who require tight turnarounds and a specified quality product and service.
Sheraton Blinds approached us with a brief of requiring a website that could do three things; offer a corporate face to the business, provide a B2B mechanism to allow for existing retail customers to track orders for their customers, and to also sell blinds directly to consumers.
With the three distinct elements to the project (corporate website, business portal & consumer website), it made sense to break the project down and to invest some time in better understanding each areas requirements before making any recommendations. After doing this, it was clear that it made sense to couple the corporate website and business portal together in the first phase of the project, and then to follow up with the consumer website as a phase 2.
Our technology recommendation was Drupal 7 for the corporate website and business portal, as it possessed the CMS features required by the corporate website, and the advanced role and data management needed for the business portal. We recommended a Drupal Commerce implementation for the consumer website as it is one of the few e-commerce options available that is capable of dealing with the sheer volume of possible product combinations.
- Showcase products
- Provide company information
- Attract new leads
The Sheraton business portal is used to provide visibility of orders to a range of different users. The portal is also used for other business functions including reporting and returns management. Key features include:
- Usage of the Feeds module to take a live CSV feed of order data, and then update the site at a frequency of once every 5 minutes
- Ability to search on, and filter order data by various field types
- Reporting using a jQuery graph library
- Exportable reports that can be downloaded into CSV or MS Excel formats
- 4 different levels of user role type, with each level allowed to see progressively more information
- Used on a daily basis by a major high-street retailer
Currently in development