Countryside is a multi channel retailer specialising in outdoor clothing and ski equipment, established in 1978. Countryside pride themselves in providing outstanding customer service and offering genuine, unbiased advice.
To re-platform Countryside’s online store and give the site design a refresh. The key objectives were:
- Increase conversion rates and online retail sales.
- Showcase the breadth and depth of products Countryside offer.
- Present a modern, user friendly, accessible design.
- Scalable and extensible CMS framework to build on over the coming years.
- Improve SEO and increase traffic from natural search.
- Build the site using HTML5 to help future proof their investment in the platform.
After an initial period of e-commerce platform evaluation, we had distilled the potential options for the new Countryside website down to a handful of solutions. Given the specific requirements of the project, most platforms were ruled out because of either; cost, lack of flexibility, lack of HTML5 support or poor back-office system integration options.
Although we had not previously used Drupal Commerce (which was largely due to the fact that it was so new), we recommended it as the best solution for the project. This was largely based on our experience with the Drupal platform, and our confidence in its ability to meet challenging requirements.
After weighing up the options, Countryside decided to go with our recommended solution of using Drupal Commerce because of its synergy with the requirements of the project.
- Full integration with the back office system to control stock levels, pricing and order status and data syncing throughout the day. Achieved using the Migrate module.
- Brand management including creation of landing pages through Drupal.
- Leveraging Solr for site wide faceted search.
- Valid HTML5 markup.
- Hosted on EC2 to meet flexible traffic demands.
- Full Drupal Commerce integration.
More information about the project can be found on our write up of the project.