If you are interested in web development opportunities in Hertfordshire, then here at Zoocha we are always on the lookout for talent. Working with a range of clients such as Argos, Debenhams, Games Workshop, non-profits and various Charitable organisations, we are looking to expand our technical team with several new developers.
What we offer you:
- The choice of your own kit. Our developers all have at least two 23 inch screens and more processing power than they know what to do with.
- The opportunity to work with the latest technology: CSS3, HTML5, node.js, jQuery, Drupal 7, Drupal Commerce.
- Encouragement to try out the latest development approaches such as Responsive Web Design and the like.
- Decent back office tools: Private Github repositories, Basecamp, AWS, Gmail for your @zoocha address.
- The chance to attend relevant conferences throughout the year. DrupalCon 2012 in Munich anyone?!
- A broad range of projects to get involved with. We primarily use Drupal for building everything from e-commerce websites, corporate sites to community sites, but we also build Facebook apps, bespoke applications and range of other things.
- Support and guidance from a group of technical people who have worked at the likes of Oracle, Tesco.com, DSGi, financial service companies, leading marketing agencies etc.
- A very relaxed working environment with regular nights / days out.
- No corporate bs.
- We understand that it is more important to do something right, than it is to do something quickly.
- Be part of a growing company and have the opportunity to take on more responsibility.
- Flexible working hours with potential home-working for the right candidate.
- Bonuses… when we do well, you do well!
- No timesheets!
What we expect from you:
- A great sense of humour, sharp mind and be a self-starter.
- A keen interest in your field with a strong desire to get better at what you do.
- Willingness to commute to Hertford. Our offices are centrally located in The Seed Warehouse in Hertford.
Graduate Technical Project Manager
This role is ideal for those who want to help deliver enterprise scale web projects (e-commerce, communities, Facebook Apps) and have the technical knowhow to understand what makes the solution tick! It means you will be involved in all stages:- requirement gathering, creating specifications, working with UX (User Experience), Design & Development teams to bring the project to life, hands on testing (QA); whilst working in tandem with the client.
If you have….
- An interest in how websites are conceived, designed, created, developed, tested and deployed.
- Love the World Wide Web and the technologies/possibilities it offers.
- An understanding at a high level how web technologies work and interrelate.
- A keen eye for producing clean, coherent, understandable documentation.
- Friendly approachable personality who enjoys and takes pride in what they do.
- Ability to be cool under pressure.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Organised and methodical approach to work.
If you want to…
- Manage projects from their inception to their completion (right to the end!).
- Develop your Project Management and Communication skills.
- Work on challenging and interesting projects.
- Work closely with designers and developers; utilising and learning from their expertise.
- Work closely with clients to deliver the best solutions for their requirements.
- Work in a fast paced digital agency working on a wide range of projects.
This role will involve working end-to-end on a broad spectrum of Drupal sites. In the last few months we’ve had projects as diverse as a full Drupal Commerce powered store, an Apache Solr powered property website akin to Rightmove, an orders reporting system, an Intranet system that supports expenses and timesheet processes + several other technically challenging projects. All of these projects have required an innate understanding of Drupal and a clear grasp of the way in which to approach the problem that plays to Drupal’s strengths.
We’re looking for a developer who has the skills that can play a part in projects such as these, by being capable enough to write code that extends Drupal correctly; knowing what existing modules are out there and how & where they can be used, writing custom modules where appropriate, and by understanding how hooks should be used to modify Drupal’s core behavior.
We tend to shy away from doing small basic sites in Drupal, so the projects that you would be involved in are always going to be interesting, and give you the opportunity to stretch yourself and get better at what you do.
To fill this role we are prepared to consider less experienced developers, but who we believe have the right aptitude to grow into the role with the right mentoring and guidance.
Front End Developer – FILLED!
We want someone to own everything “front-end” that leaves our dev shop, to drive our front-end strategy, and to share their knowledge with other members of the team.
If you are the kind of person that wants to sit down with a designer/UX’er as early as the wire-framing & concepts stage and come up with ways to really push the limits of your technology toolset, then we would love to hear from you.
The key skills and areas of interest that we are looking for include:
- Semantic, accessible, valid HTML (preferably including HTML5)
- CSS (and a keen interest in CSS3)
- Responsive web design
PHP Developer (that wants to get involved with Drupal) – FILLED!
We are seeking a talented php developer with a few years professional experience to join our our development team. It is important that the developer is keen to learn Drupal as that is a large part of what we do. We will provide the mentoring and guidance to make the transition into being a fully fledged Drupaler.
We often need to create bespoke php apps, so those lower level php skills will often get the opportunity to be used on anything from a custom import processes to facebook apps to interfacing with various web services.
The role will primarily involve developing sites from scratch, working in partnership with a front-end developer, but you may from time to time be responsible for adding new features to our clients existing sites.
The key skills that we would look for are:
- Strong PHP skills with practical OO knowledge.
- Good SQL skills.
- LAMP administration and debugging skills
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.